The Labor and Delivery nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. The nurse demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient's condition
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents and.or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Plans for expected outcomes of care for those patients assigned.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Uses clinical judgment in the evaluation of activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Promotes interpersonal relations with patients/family/significant others, hospital healthcare co-workers, and physicians.
- Uses effective communication skills with all contacts while being objective and sensitive.
- Communicates pertinent information about patient, nursing unit, and activities as appropriate.
- Arrives at the hospital in time before the scheduled shift starts to sign-in at the nursing office and report to the floor/unit for orientation and/or report.
- Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift, unless the hospital supervisor approved overtime.
- Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean, professional, and appropriate for the clinical area assigned
- Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act; Standards of Nursing Practice; Standards of Patient Care; The Joint Commission, state and local laws; Patient Bill of rights per hospital, and Maxim nursing and client hospital policies..
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Current Registered Nurse license within the state of practice.
- Current BLS card.
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- One year of Labor and Delivery clinical experience within the last three years preferred.
- Ability to effectively elicit//provide information and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, cardiothoracic, care unit, infusion, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical, registed, registered nurse