Medical Doctors Only Apply. A Pulmonary Medicine Physician General Pulmonologist practice is seeking a qualified physician for Nellis Air Force Base, NV. This and other physician jobs brought to you by ExactMD.
Scope of Work:
- Will see on average 7-9 patients per day per clinic.
- Services include the full range of pulmonary medical care for inpatient and outpatient VA beneficiaries including consultation, diagnosis, therapy and treatment, and prognosis of patients with pulmonary disorders and critical care needs, PFT interpretation, for e-consults, and for sleep medicine (optional but desirable) if they have sleep medicine expertise.
- Inpatient and ED consultation as required by inpatient providers and management of patients with pulmonary disorders.
- Clinics are scheduled as required, consisting of a mix of new and follow up patients totaling up to ten (10) patients seen per clinic, depending on the complexity of care required. Clinics are scheduled based on patient workload and/or at the discretion of the Chief, Medical Service.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings to discuss improvements to meet performance measures and other quality assurance issues when standards are not met. Meetings will be scheduled at the discretion of the Chief, Medical Services.
- Contractor physician consultation to on-site residents and/or VA staff can be accomplished by phone after normal work hours and weekends and holidays, unless the clinical situation warrants patient contact, such as in ED.
- Response Times. Contractor physicians shall respond within 15 minutes via telephone to calls and/or pages from VASNHCS for consultation. Contactor physicians shall respond within 30 minutes to the VASNHCS facility when requested.
- If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
Associated topics: cardiac critical care, care physician, critical, eicu, intensivist, neurointensivist, nocturnal, pulm, pulmonary, pulmonologist