Senior Bridge %26 Structures Engineer
Compensation: $96,090.00 - $154,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Structures Group
as a Senior Bridge & Structures Engineer
in our Henderson, NV (Greater Las Vegas)
office. MAJOR FUNCTION/ROLE
This position will be responsible for the structural design and production of diverse projects located in Henderson and throughout the US. Under general direction, provides technical expertise within area of specialization for diverse engineering activities throughout the assigned area of responsibility and/or company-wide. JOB DUTIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Performs project design, sketching design concepts to be developed by junior engineers, CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering investigations or planning work.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost-effective solution.
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job budgets.
- Coordinates work with project manager, and guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
- Is responsible for quality control, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- Background in design of Transportation-Related Structures is required.
- Proficiency with Structural analysis software, i.e. Csi Bridge, LARSA, Bentley LEAP Suite etc.
- NDOT and local agencies project experience preferred.
- P.E. License in the state of Nevada, or the ability to obtain one within 6 months after hire, required.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and select appropriate solutions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http:// https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statementAtkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...